Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday, August 15 - Kindergarten


                                                            FIRST DAY

                           Today is the first day of kindergarten. I am SO excited. My mom is very sad, I don't  understand why. Lets hope she doesn't embarrass me when we get to the school. "I want to go through the car rider line like the big kids!," I say. "No honey, why don't I walk you in you are probably nervous right?" I don't understand why she keeps acting like I'm the one who is nervous. It is obviously her. We park in the crowded parking lot filled with what seems like a sea of other kids my age. Some of the children are crying, others are just as excited as I am. My mom makes sure my pink ruffled is dress is straight and my purple backpack has everything in it. Finally, time to go inside! I can't wait to meet my teacher and new friends. I just wish my my mother would stop hugging me. We are at the doors now. I look up at my mom's upset face and say,"Don't cry until you get into the car!" She covers her face and asks for one more hug. Rolling my eyes, I walk away into this new adventure of kindergarten.
                                     I walk down the multi colored hall and into my classroom. The teacher, Mrs. Green, meets me at the door and says, "Isabella right? I met your mommy on parent night, she is very sweet. Lets help you find your desk" . My desk is in a group with three other girls named; Natalie, Sascha, and Brittani. They are very nice. We talk about how cool the room is. Our theme is dogs and everywhere has paw print themed table cloths, rugs, even our name cards have dogs! Dogs are my favorite animal. After the whole half day which consisted of recess, coloring, and playing with all the neat toys in the classroom- the day had come to an end. It was an amazing day! Sadly, I have to go home now. As, soon as I get in the car my mother turns around and hugs me. This day was harder for her than me. I smile and think of the joyous school days to come.

                         

No comments:

Post a Comment