Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday,October24- X marks the spot

                                     
                        The Gold

              "Man, they sure were stupid to leave the door to the captain's door unlocked," I tell Captain Phillips and Jo. We have ransacked our enemies ship. As a result, we left with a good dinner and a treasure map. The route to the treasure map seems rather complicated. It is filled with many twists and turns. For weeks we search for the X. Just when we start to lose hope, I see a faint red stain on the sand. When I move the rocks that are overtop of it, I see it- the giant red X. "Over here!" I scream. My fellow crew members run over and we all stare with wonder at the red X. Captain Phillips demands for us to start digging. We dig for hours and hours until the dark engulfs us. My Captain has the honor of retrieving the wooden treasure box. It is very heavy. We break the lock and peer inside. I am excited to see was treasure is in the box. We will be rich! Together, Captain Phillips, myself, and Jo look into the box. We see....a huge pile of gold! We jump and cheer. Captain Phillips demands for Jo to carry the box into the ship. All of the sudden we here Jo slipping and falling. The who chunks of gold fall into the water. "No!" we all yell. I run over to retrieve the gold from the water and I am relieved when my hands find a pile of gold under the water. I pull the gold up and look at it. All I see is a pile of rocks with left over gold residue.One day later: My crew and I sit sadly. The treasure was nothing but a pile of rocks! Why would our enemies have a treasure map for a pile of rocks? My Captain opens the treasure box one more time hoping real gold will somehow appear. "Oh I see something!" he says. We all get our hopes up. He pulls out a piece of paper and reads "Gotcha -the enemy,". Our enemy ship tricked us......as always.

1 comment:

  1. Love the plot and the trickery.
    You do a very good job portraying the characters' feelings.
    the ending was great too.
    :3

    ReplyDelete