Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday, September 25 - Bad Mistake

                                              The Goldfish
                              Drake and Josh was my favorite show when I was in third grade. It still would be if it was still on to be honest. One day when I was my eight year old third grade self, I was watching Drake and Josh upstairs in my room when I suddenly had the strong urge to have some goldfish. I wanted to watch Drake and Josh but I also wanted to goldfish so bad. I knew I wasn't aloud to have food or any type of drink upstairs but, as soon as it was commercial break I tiptoed down our carpeted stairs to our pantry sneaking past the living room where my parents were. I opened to pantry door and quickly opened the bag of goldfish and got a huge handful. As I was walking up the stairs with my overflowing handful of goldfish, I smiled thinking I was just so smooth. I continued to watch Drake and Josh for about ten more minutes stuffing my face with the goldfish when my dad barged into my room. Immediately, I shoved to goldfish under the covers on my bed and my dad calmly asked me if I had food up hear. "No," I had replied, my voice shaking.  He asked why he saw a trail of goldfish going up the stairs with my dog following. I said I didn't know. It's a shame I didn't have any siblings at that time to blame the goldfish on. He asked me to stand up and as soon as I did he peeling back the covers on my bed exposing the goldfish. He was very strict on no food or drink upstairs. Not even water. This was a major mistake and the fact I lied to him made it even worse. I wasn't aloud to watch Drake and Josh for the rest of that month and I had my bedtime moved back. This is awful for an eight year old. Now that I'm in high school my dad still talks about that incident almost every week. I wish I had never done that because it is quite annoying to have my dad still talk about it.  I wish I was more sneaky with my small crime.



1 comment:

  1. I really like the mistake you told. I also like how you inserted pictures that add to you story, and that go along with the story. They have a purpose, and make the story better to read. To make it better, you could have gone back and fixed the spelling and grammar mistakes.

    ReplyDelete